Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Eleven Questions for my Friend Greg

I asked several bloggers, friends and family eleven questions and today I got my first response from my friend, Greg.  As I warned you all, this is being posted on my blog, so nothing you don't want a potential employer, wife or mother to see!

1. Favorite book from childhood?That would have to be Dr. Seuss books in general. Don't know if I have a specific favorite, though the Grinch was way cool.


2. TV show you're embarrassed to admit you watch?
I don't watch much TV unless it's futbol. Over the years I've enjoyed watching Teletubbies, Sex & the City, Sponge Bob Squarepants, and South Park, to name a few. Of those I'd have to say Sex & the City would be most embarrassing.

3. What are you reading now?Nothing at the moment. Last read Fledgling by Octavia Butler. Soon, however, it will be Red Shirts. I pre-ordered the ebook (not from Amasauron).

4. Favorite subject in school?History.


5. Most interesting trip?Mongolia, '93.


6. If you had to save one thing from a house fire, what would it be and why?
Barring my family (in which case I'd die, because I would try to save everyone), it would be my soccer ball. Or my yoyo. The wooden one.


7. If you could have any job, without constrictions of education or salary, what would it be?
I would teach history or be a game developer/producer. If I were 18 again, it would be as an attacking midfielder for FC Barcelona.

 

8. Weirdest memory from childhood?
I was 2 or 3 and we lived in an apartment complex. I was standing at the open backdoor of a neighbor's apartment, which led to the kitchen through an entry area with closet. A woman (German with blonde hair) was offering me cookies or something. She was smiling and looked extremely friendly. Her son, who was a little older than me, was standing in the closet, hidden from his Mom's view and was also smiling at me. He liked to bite. I ran back home in fear.

 
9. One thing most people don't know about you?
An ancestor from 5 generations back was a priest on Guam who had 6 kids with his housekeeper. I guess that makes me a quarter unholy bastard.

10. Nickname?
Froggie (from Guam).

11. How do you know me?
We both worked at Elliott Bay Book Co. back in the 90s.



Thank you, Greg!  (Just so you know, you're weird childhood memory is creeping me out. And a yoyo?)

You know you want to answer my questions...C'mon, it's not hard...Greg did it...

No comments:

Post a Comment